WordPress VPN Service Providers. Top 5 Listed & Compared
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
Virtual Private Networks (VPN) have become extremely popular in recent years. With a growing number of online security attacks and various virtual privacy concerns, it’s become vital for users and business owners to start looking for additional tools to protect their data. Following the growing trend, in this blog post, we are going to discuss how VPN works, the importance of WordPress VPN, and the most reliable WordPress VPN services.
What is VPN?
VPN helps you improve your online privacy and security. We cannot imagine our life without keeping our portable devices always in handy and getting Instant Internet connectivity whenever we need it. Many of us work in cafes and other places using free public WiFi without even thinking about what risks we take. While browning the web on a free public WiFi we become an easy target for hackers and attackers. A compromised public WiFi lets hackers reach your personal and sensitive data. That’s why it’s twice riskier to log in to your website’s admin panel using a free WiFi hotspot in a cafe or bar. Hackers can get access to your passwords, personal files, credit cards, install malware on your site, hack your social media accounts, and more. Moreover, the WiFi hotspot that you use at home may not be safe either. Attackers may also use it to track data that’s being sent to and from your device.
Using a VPN connection, you can avoid such risks. With the VPN enabled, you can browse the Internet privately using encryption. WordPress VPN lets you improve your site’s security while hiding your activities behind multiple encryption layers.
How Does It Work?
When you browse the web, all your Internet traffic “travels” between multiple servers located worldwide. Attackers can see all of your activities online. They can see what websites you java visited, they can define your web browsing behavior while watching your online activities.
When you reach a website using a VPN connection, the VPN client you choose encrypts your browsing requests, thus working as a point-to-point network between your Internet-enabled device and the VPN server. In such a way, your internet connection is protected from hackers and spies.
Using VPN protection provides you with a number of other advantages like the ones listed below.
- VPN hides your private details. While using a VPN client, you can prevent web browsers from accessing your connection while keeping all the details that you send totally private and secure.
- Your data won’t be throttled. Data throttling occurs when a person reaches the allowed limit of Internet data consumption, as a result of which the Internet provider slows down the service. It will never happen when you use a VPN client. VPN lets you hot two birds with one stone – keep your connection private and also avoid data caps set by the ISP.
- No bandwidth throttling. You could have experienced this when your internet speeds reduced when you were browsing different websites at different times. VPN helps you avoid bandwidth throttling while encrypting your Internet-capable devices’ Internet traffic. Thus, you hide your personal details and private information from anyone else using the same network as you.
There are many other advantages of using a VPN client. Although they have little to no relation to the website construction topic, it’s still useful to be aware of them.
- If certain websites or services are not available in your location, you can reach them through VPN. Thus, you can access such region-based services as Netflix and other providers. While using a VPN client, your IP address changes, which makes your content provider think that you access the web from a different location where a certain service is available. However, when using VPN for such a purpose, mind that some countries do not allow VPN usage. Also, ensure that you do not break the rules specified b your streaming service.
- VPN also comes in handy for you when you are traveling. While arriving in a country that restricts or forbids access to certain websites or social media platforms, a VPN grants you permission to such content. It makes your traffic look like it’s coming from a different country where users are allowed the specified web content.
- Access sports coverage that’s not allowed in some geographical regions. Thus, NBC is not available to users outside the US. VPN can make it possible to view such content.
There are always two sides to a coin. Along with a series of advantages of using a VPN client, users may also experience certain drawbacks as listed below.
- You may experience slower Internet speeds since VPN encrypts your Internet connection.
- If you are not as technically skilled to understand the encryption quality of your VPN client, you may choose a VPN service of poor quality that won’t let you enjoy all of the aforementioned advantages.
- It may be difficult to set up some VPN services. If you are taking your first steps in this field, you’d better select a beginner-friendly service.
How to Choose a Good VPN Service
How can you differentiate a good VPN service from the one that won’t give you what you expect? First of all, do not expect that a free VPN client will provide you with the needed services. If you are looking for a truly reliable service provider that won’t throttle your data and property encrypt your connection, you should be ready to pay for it.
- The first and foremost thing that you need to check is whether the VPN service provider doesn’t keep your web browsing logs. It should deliver the highest security layer, which guarantees that your connection is private.
- If your online privacy is important to you, choose a premium VPN service that would provide you with an extra security layer and keep your online activities private.
- A good VPN service should provide you with a secure private network that keeps your personal information hidden from cybercriminals, thus all of your web browsing activities and sensitive information will be hidden from malware attacks.
- A good VPN service should be easy to use. It’s especially important if it’s the first time you are using it. It should be easy to configure without requiring any coding or technical skills.
- A VPN service should have enough bandwidth to deliver fast website loading speeds. While choosing a VPN client, give preference to the one that won’t slow down the Internet speed while you are browsing websites.
- A good VPN service should give you the freedom to switch from one server to another, thus getting faster web browsing speeds. Don’t opt for the VPN client that cannot provide you with multiple servers in different locations. It may end up with slow Internet speeds.
With that said, let’s now take a look at the list of the five top-recommended WordPress VPN services. Check out their features and the peculiarities that make them better than competitors.
Best WordPress VPN Services
Price: starts at $8.32 per month (billed $99.95 every 12 months)
- 160 VPN locations
- Best-in-class encryption
- VPN Speed Test
- TrustedServer technology
- Network Lock kill switch
- Private DNS on every server
- Split tunneling
- No activity or connection logs
ExpressVPN has a network of 160 VPN locations offering the highest industry standard to protect your data online. It comes with easy-to-use apps that you can install on any of your Internet-capable devices. While using the same VPN account, you can connect up to three devices at the same time, which is less than other VPN service providers allow.
While using ExpressVPN, you can take advantage of unlimited server switching. Thus, you can opt for this or that geo-location with a single click.
Price: starts at $3.75/mo (billed $44.99 first year and $89.99 thereafter)
- 24/7 live chat & phone support
- Servers in 75+ locations worldwide
- Safe access to censored apps & websites
- No speed limits; browse & download with fast connections
- Advanced encryption standards
- User-friendly apps for all platforms
- No VPN caps; secure every device
IPVanish is one of the most popular WordPress VPN service providers for a reason. It’s easy to use even for a total beginner. They let you install the dedicated applications on your Mac, Windows, iOS, and Android devices. It’s allowed to use the same account on up to five different devices at the same time.
The VPN service provider features a huge network of more than 40K shared IPs, 750+ VPN servers located in more than 60 countries. Besides selecting the IPs of the countries and regions that you’d like to use, IPVanish will also provide you with suggestions on the fastest servers near you.
Besides, IPVanish delivers the fastest internet browsing speeds in the market. All connections are encrypted with 256-bit AES encryption technology, which is the highest class in the industry. Due to the strict zero log policy, they guarantee that none of your web browsing activities is recorded.
Price: starts at $3.30 per month ($89 for the first two years)
- Next-generation encryption
- Blazing speeds and unlimited bandwidth
- Strict No-log VPN service
- Mobile VPN
- 5360 servers in 60 countries
- Multi-factor authentication
- Provides you with a dedicated IP that will be used by a single person
- Malware and ads blocking
NordVPN is one of the most well-known VPN service providers worldwide. It counts more than 5300 servers located in 60 countries, and these numbers continue to grow as the network keeps on expanding. Similar to other solutions on this list, the VPN service provider features an intuitive and easy-to-use application that you can install on all your devices without the need to buy a separate NordVPN for each of them. More specifically, you can connect up to six devices simultaneously.
To ensure that your Internet connection is safe and private, NordVPN features an automatic kill switch, which ensures your online privacy won’t be affected even if the connection drops. The VPN service provider uses double-layer encryption technology to ensure that your connection is protected even when you browse the web over free WiFi networks.
Price: starts at $3.33 per month for the first year (billed $39.99 now & $79.99 thereafter)
- Apps for iOS, Android, macOS, Windows, and more
- Up to 12 simultaneous connections
- WireGuard®, L2TP, SSTP, OpenVPN, IPSec, and IKEv2 protocols
- StrongDNS included
- Zero logging
- Security on public Wi-Fi networks
- 950+ servers in 35 countries and 59 cities
- 59,500 VPN IPs
- ‘Best Available Location’ feature
- Light Mode and Dark Mode app options
- No speed limits
- 30-day money-back guarantee (Annual plan only)
- Accepts all major credit cards, PayPal, Alipay
StrongVPN is one more popular WordPress VPN service provider. It has a rapidly growing network of services placed in 35 countries and 59 cities worldwide. You can install their native app on any device that you use for work or private purposes. It works on all popular gadgets and devices. The app is easy and intuitive to install. Besides, there is no limit in terms of the number of devices you can install apps under the same StrongVPN account.
The VPN service provider claims to be delivering the highest industry-standard encryption with no bandwidth caps. StrongVPN lets you bypass censorship without losing speed.
Price: starts at $1.67 per month ($60 billed every 36 months)
- Chameleon™ VPN protocol
- DNS protection
- VyprVPN Cloud
- Public Wi-Fi Protection
- Kill Switch
- AES-256 encryption
VyprVPN uses the industry’s best AES-256 encryption to protect you web browsing sessions. With servers placed in more than 70 locations, VyprVPN boasts one of the largest networks in the market. They offer some innovative features that other VPN service providers cannot offer. It includes the Chameleon technology that defeats VPN blocking.
There is an easy-to-use app that you can install on up to three devices under the same account at the same time. Before buying any of the subscription plans, you can try the VPN services for free for three days.
Online privacy is vital for each of us. We work on the Internet, sell online, look for services and useful information on different websites while we are using desktop computers at home or while we are on the go. No matter why you need to connect to the web, keeping your browsing sessions private is vital, especially when you use free public networks. Using safe and reliable VPN service providers, you may rest assured that your sensitive data won’t leak online and no one will hack your site.