WooCommerce Usability Tips. Or How to Build a Website That Converts
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
The primary purpose and the biggest challenge of eCommerce projects are managing their websites to convert visitors into buyers. When it comes to online shopping, a user should feel the ease of coming across the needed items and placing orders worry-free. If a website delivers a poor user experience, then it will hardly retain customers and hurt your business on several levels. Landing on a website that is not developed with users in mind, people are likely to leave for a different web page that is easier and more convenient. How to improve the usability of your WooCommerce website and turn it into a more rewarding project? Let’s find out using the following list of WooCommerce usability tips.
WooCommerce Usability Tip #1: Credibility
A customer needs to trust the website where he or she places an order. That’s why it’s essential to provide buyers with the online shopping experience that meets their needs. Your website should look striking and establish credibility.
To make your business look more reliable in your prospective customers’ eyes, begin with the design. The way your website looks should speak for itself. Make the pages easy-to-scan. Web pages with good aesthetics and eye-pleasing layouts seem more usable to the customers.
It would help if you also were straightforward on the About page. Use it to feature your business’s physical address, email address, contact phone number, etc. It’s always a significant advantage for companies to highlight user testimonials on their web pages. Reveal images of products that people purchased alongside star ratings and profile pictures prove that the reviews are not and were submitted by real people.
Make Online Search Seamless
Online search is one of the crucial WooCommerce usability tips that can make or break sales on your WooCommerce website. When reaching an online store with a rich inventory, a potential buyer is more likely to complete the purchase’s browsing session. So, what exactly can you do on your eCommerce website to improve its usability and increase conversions?
- Use the image search. It’s a common practice that customers land on your website with a clear image of the product they need, but they cannot translate it into words. To make it easier for online buyers to come across the items they need, integrate your WooCommerce site with the image recognition technology.
- The latest innovations and technologies enable customers to find the required items using a convenient voice search. One of the most vivid examples of the voice search technology used on eCommerce websites is Amazon’s Alexa. The virtual assistant helps users find exclusive deals, check out stock prices, keep an eye on account balances, etc.
Choose How Products Are Loaded
There are different ways of how products can be revealed on your eCommerce page.
- Pagination is one of the most popular techniques of products’ display on web stores with large catalogs. Revealing small chunks of information lets your customers focus their attention on the essential parts of the page. If a person looks for something in particular, then seeing the total number of search results can estimate how much time it will take him to find what he is looking for.
- If you want to give your customers more control over the way they see products from your inventory, integrating your WooCommerce site with the Load More button will be the right decision. Whenever a user wants to see more items from your collection, they can allow more offers to show up with a click on the Load More button.
- Using the infinite scrolling technique lets the content load continuously as a user scrolls down to the page. The method is excellent, but it doesn’t mean it will fit any website. It’s an excellent choice for sites with a flat structure. When it comes to conversion-oriented eCommerce websites, then pagination and Load More techniques will be a better choice for you.
Keep Product Descriptions Short & Comprehensive
People do not like to read a lot of text on the eCommerce site. When looking for something online, customers focus on the essential characteristics of the selected items. People also give more preference to images than texts. If you have something interesting to reveal on your web page, then do not miss the chance to capture users’ attention through amazing galleries or videos that show your items in action.
- The length of the product description should be kept to the minimum. The text should be comprehensive for every buyer. The following quick WooCommerce usability tips will help you create product descriptions that convert.
- Make product descriptions appealing to your target audience. You know better what information your buyers are looking for. Keep people informed about the most outstanding features in the product description.
- Use headlines, subheadings, bold texts, and italics to make your content more scannable.
- Fining the description with a clear CTA will motivate people to take a specific action on your site.
Keep the Checkout Short and Simple
Filling in long forms is the last thing that people want to do to complete an order. To make your WooCommerce project more usable, make the process as quick and straightforward as you can.
- Don’t force customers to register on your website if they do not want. Allow them to place orders as guest buyers while providing only essential pieces of information like Name, Email, Shipping Address, etc.
- Use a single-column structure to let your customers scan through the fields they need to fill in. You can also separate fields into semantic groups. This can help you deliver the feeling of gradual form filling and make users more willing to answer.
- Enable data validation after a customer fills in every field in the checkout form. You can improve your web store’s usability since customers can see where they entered incorrect information and fix errors straight away.
Runs Tests and Experiments
You never know what effect a new feature of your eCommerce website will have on your audience until you try it. Using usability testing, you can see what design or function has the most significant impact on your audience and what distracts them. When running tests and experiments on your WooCommerce page, ask yourself if the image is catching enough to drive conversions. It’s also essential to pay attention to CTAs. It should be avid even for first-time visitors to your site where they need to click to proceed to the next step.
Such simple steps can help your eCommerce business drive more sales and attracts loads of new customers. Usability tests can save you a lot of time and money. When you know what your customers want, you design your eCommerce project accordingly. A comprehensive UX design provides your customers with an intuitive online shopping experience. Moreover, it means that people will spend less time reaching out to your customer support and reducing your company’s payroll costs.
Final Thoughts on WooCommerce Usability Tips
As you can see, it’s easier to improve your eCommerce website’s usability than you could think. Simplicity is the key to the success of your online business and the driving force of sales. By providing your customers with an intuitive and simple online shopping experience, you make your brand more loyal and credible. When it comes to eCommerce websites’ usability, complicated designs with loads of animation effects are the last thing that people expect to see. Avoid all kinds of design flaws that can prevent a customer from leaving your web page without completing an order.