Optimize WordPress Database for Faster Page Loading
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
The database of your WordPress site is where all your site’s content and settings are stored. It’s vital to optimize the WordPress database and make it work for maximum efficiency. The best way to do it is while adding a database plugin to your WordPress site. In this article, we are sharing the top-rated WordPress database plugins that help you clean and optimize your database.
Why Is It Important to Have a Fast WordPress Database?
Database plugins are essential for every WordPress site. They keep your web projects well-optimized and healthy.
While working on your website, there are many things that you should keep in mind. It requires your patience and hard work. The speed at which your website loads matters a lot for your site’s ranking. If your web page takes too long to load, it will have a high bounce rate. A page that loads fast will help your project rank higher in SERP.
With that said, a fast WordPress database provides the following benefits to your business:
- Your website has faster loading speed;
- You can provide your customers with better user experience;
- You can leverage your site’s positions in search engines;
- A fast WordPress data means that your website uses only necessary data, which has less load on your server.
Regardless of your industry, a healthy database is essential for the success of your WordPress site, especially if you run a web project with high database usage.
Using a plugin is the best, quickest, and cost-effective way to optimize WordPress databases. While looking for the best database plugin for your site, consider taking the following steps to make the right choice.
- Check specifications of the best WordPress database plugins. Some of them may include additional features that may not be available in your host, like storing database backups in Dropbox, Google Drive, iCloud, etc.
- When you decide to migrate your website, using WordPress database migration plugins will save you a lot of time to move your site to another server.
- Keep your database clean using a database cleaning plugin.
- Opt for a plugin that features regular upgrades. If you stick with a premium database plugin, be ready to pay for this service. In most cases the fee is cheap and it’s definitely worth to go for it.
Plugins to Optimize WordPress Database
We have hand-picked 7 leading WordPress database plugins that will help you keep your database clean and the website load fast. Let’s take a closer look at their main features and decide what WordPress database plugins will be the most useful for your site.
The plugin makes it easy for you to reset any part of your WordPress database with just one click. This is a great solution that lets you go back to a point when your WordPress database was less cluttered and the site performed faster.
The plugin is easy to use and takes a single click to configure. Before you start resetting your WordPress database, it’s recommended to backup it prior to making any changes.
- Extremely fast one click process to reset the WordPress database tables
- Choose to reset the entire database or specific database tables
- Secure and super simple to use
- Safe – it’s not possible to accidentally click reset
- Reset the database in one command
- Excellent for theme and plugin developers who need to clean the database of any unnecessary content
Pricing: free to download; a premium version of the plugin is also available for $22 per one license.
It’s one of the best WordPress database plugins used together with other WordPress extensions for cleaning your WordPress database. It’s a perfect choice for making a backup version of your site. However, it can be also used for backup purposes only. The plugin includes two basic features – for backing up your data and for restoring it. The plugin lets you download the backups and receive automated emails that you will receive to your email when a new backup is completed.
- One-click database backup button for you to save all of your data prior to completing a database cleaning.
- Backup automatically on a repeating schedule.
- You’re able to download the backup files to your computer.
- WP Database Backup plugin helps you to Restore Database Backup easily on a single click.
- Several storage destinations are available, including Dropbox and Google Drive.
- Feel free to exclude a table from the database backup.
- Reports are emailed to your inbox to make sure you understand what’s happening on the backend.
Pricing: free to download; premium add-ons like popup messages and the possibility to export PDF files are available.
If you are looking for the best solution that would help you to automatically log all your contact form submissions into one database, the Contact Form 7 Database Addon should be the best choice. There is no need to worry if all the needed details would be saved by your email inbox. The database is well-organized and even lets you search for certain messages using the built-in search form. There are lots of other features and tools available. It includes the possibility to import and export messages, delete old messages, etc.
- No configuration is needed
- Save Contact Form 7 form submitted data to the database.
- Single database table for all contact form 7 forms
- Easy to use and lightweight plugin
- Developer friendly & easy to customize
- Display all created contact form 7 form list.
- Export CF7 DB (CF7 Database – cf7db) data in CSV file
Pricing: a free version is available; there are also paid versions available under the following plans:
- Starter – $39 per year for one to two sites
- Business – $59 per year for five sites
- Unlimited – $149 per year for unlimited sites
WP-Optimize is a free WordPress plugin that adds cleaning compressing, and caching options to your WordPress database. It’s an all-in-one solution that includes all the core tools and features needed to improve your site’s performance.
There is no need to worry about missing the schedule of cleaning your WordPress database. You can set the time when you’d like your WordPress database to get cleaned. The plugin adds plenty of database optimization options, including the possibility to compress images, retaining backups, compacting tables, removing unnecessary files, etc.
- Removes all unnecessary data (e.g. trashed/unapproved/spam comments, stale data) plus pingbacks, trackbacks and expired transient options
- Compacts/de-fragment MySQL tables with a button-press
- Detailed control of which optimizations you wish to carry out
- Carries out automatic weekly (or otherwise) clean-ups
- Retains a set number of weeks’ data during clean-ups
- Performs optimizations without the need for running manual queries
- Automatically trigger a pre-optimize backup via UpdraftPlus
- Show database statistics and potential savings
- Uses a calendar for automatic optimization of your database
- View database optimization stats in the plugin.
- Several weeks of database backups are maintained inside of the plugin.
- You have options for multisite support.
- Supports multilingual integrations.
Pricing: free; the option to upgrade with paid addons is available
Whenever you need to organize your contacts, customers, site visitors, or any other kind of users that are somehow related to your business, the Participants Database plugin will come in handy. With its help, you can create a database while typing in contacts one-by-one or importing them via a CSV file. The plugin includes a long list of features that will come in handy on your site, as well as running a database out of your web project.
You can easily adapt it to use as a database for other applications. It will come in handy for indexes, directories, catalogs, etc. There is a system of customizable templates suited for all its displays, and an API for the customization and extension of its capabilities. It is a fully internationalized WordPress plugin with a growing set of translations.
- Fully configurable database for holding any kind of information about people
- Customizable forms for collecting and maintaining records
- Plugin enhancements and add-ons are available from a growing list of free and premium downloads on xnau.com
- Shortcode for inserting a configurable sign-up short form into WordPress pages, posts, etc.
- Completing the sign-up form can direct visitors to another page for a thank you message or reward
- Shortcode for inserting a full-length form for people to fill out and maintain their own records
- Shortcode for displaying the list on the site, including the ability to select and order columns to display, sorting and filtering rules to determine which records are shown and in what order
- Shortcode for showing a search form that takes the user to the search results page
- Searchable, sortable record listings in the WordPress admin
- comes with a comprehensive API for deep customization of the plugin functionality, etc.
WP Reset is a handy WordPress optimization tool that even non-developers can use. It will be especially useful to you if you wish to clean up your site and start from scratch. The plugin taps into your WordPress database and cleans those files that you do not use any more. In a word, it lets you take full control over your site and get rid of certain parts that can slow down your site’s performance. WP Reset scans for tables, posts, comments, and other database details to optimize WordPress database to the fullest.
- Restore your WordPress environment and clean out your database with one click.
- It lets you delete everything, from posts to pages, and media entries, to users.
- You can delete entire WordPress database tables.
- Includes settings for removing specific items from the deletion.
- Choose to leave all of your theme and plugin files untouched.
- All basic site settings like your WordPress address and site title are left as is.
- You can create a snapshot of your site to backup and restore your database if something goes wrong with the deletion.
Here comes the last but not the least useful plugin to optimize WordPress database. With its help, you can get rid of unused files and those ones that slow down your site’s performance. For example, it lets you delete unused tags, trash posts, and spam comments. It’s easy to use and lets you remove the unnecessary elements with a single click of a button.
- Deletes revisions of posts, pages and / or custom post types
- Deletes trashed posts, pages and comments (optional)
- Deletes spammed comments (optional)
- Deletes unused tags (optional)
- Deletes ‘expired or all transients’ (optional)
- Deletes ‘pingbacks’ and ‘trackbacks’ (optional)
- Clears the ‘OEMBED cache’ (optional)
- Deletes ‘orphan postmeta items’
- Optimizes the database tables
- Creates a log of the optimizations (optional)
- Optimization can be scheduled to automatically run once hourly, twice daily, once daily or once weekly at a specific time (optional)
- ‘Optimize DB (1 click)’ link in the admin bar (optional)
- ‘Optimize Database’ Icon in the admin menu (optional)
- MULTISITE compatible: optimizes all sites in the network with one click
Taking care of your site’s speed is easy when you have a bunch of handy tools installed on your site. WordPress database optimization plugins are the must-have element of every site that wants to stand out from the competition. Using the tools mentioned on this list, you can optimize WordPress database for faster and streamlined performance.