Avoid Hacking Attacks with Top WordPress Security Plugins & Proven Tricks
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
I could start on a positive note, but the truth is that a vast number of websites are being hacked every day. The information that your share on your official web page can become an easy target for attacks if you do not take proper care of your online security. Every WordPress site uses sets of plugins, pre-designed themes, software, and other stuff that may be outdated or vulnerable for attacks. To keep your WordPress website safe, you’d better use some proven tips and plugins to deliver the best security services to your web resource.
WordPress Security Essentials
WordPress is the leading content management system in the world that’s easy to use for the users of all skill levels. Some of the latest innovations that hit the WordPress community include intuitive site builders that free users from tweaking the code by themselves and totally focus on creating cool web designs. People also start to use all-inclusive WordPress themes more actively. These are great solutions that can save you a lot of time and money on creating a website from scratch. On the other hand, WordPress themes may include the plugins and functionality that could have better security protection. Anyway, when it comes to the protection of your data, you need some knowledge and experience to protect your website.
Website owners need to know and take proactive steps to improve the security of their WordPress websites. The key WordPress security elements include:
- Reliable web hosting. The selection of a hosting provider is where the whole story begins. There are different types of web hosting services that vary based on your online resource, the amount of money you can invest in it, and your personal preferences. When talking about WordPress security, it’s better to choose dedicated servers. Unlike shared hosting, the space of dedicated servers shouldn’t be shared with third parties. Here the owner of the Registrar company is responsible for any security issues that you face.
- Plugins and software that are regularly updated. As a rule, such updates include essential performance improvements and make plugins and software more resistant to malware attacks.
- Reliability of CMS, scripts, and other elements of your site. Site owners need to keep a close eye on the latest improvements and configuration corrections released by their manufacturers. Security scammers become trickier. You should always be ready to perform proper security audits of your site to avoid any nature of malware.
Tips on How to Secure WordPress Websites
- To get started, you need to replace the default login and password offered by the WordPress installer. Use a unique password that contains letters of different registers, punctuation marks, numbers, symbols, etc.
- Limit the number of attempts to access your site. Hackers will need to take several attempts to log in to your site. Set up the system to block an IP address for several hours after it records several failed login attempts.
- Enable two-factor account authentication. This is a popular online security method used to protect email logins, social media accounts, business portals, and more. This is especially useful for the protection of your WordPress website. Using the two-factor authentication, you will need to verify your login by entering the primary password and one-time password that’s sent to your email your phone.
- Use the latest version of the WordPress engine. The platform releases updates regularly. If you run on the outdated WordPress version, it’s likely to be one of the significant WordPress security holes.
- Scan your PC for viruses. In addition to watching your site’s online security, it’s essential to monitor your local computer and scan it for viruses.
- Backup your website. Whatever happens, you need to have a backup copy of your website to restore your content quickly and effortlessly.
- Use SSL Protocol, which makes it possible to transfer protected information and keep the privacy of data exchange. This is critical for online stores that aim to keep their customers’ data safe.
- Do not install plugins if they seem to be suspicious. Download plugins, themes, and extensions for your site only from the proven resources. Also, do not use plugins that were not updated during the last couple of years. Such tools likely have many security holes, which shouldn’t be present on your site.
Best WordPress Security Plugins
You can protect your website by means of WordPress security plugins. There are plenty of such extensions available on the web. You may get WordPress security plugins at wordpress.org and other web resources that can keep your online resource safe and sound. Let’s enumerate some of the most reliable WordPress security plugins that would never regret using.
The plugin is available in free and premium versions, which vary in terms of the online security features that each of them offers. There are 3+ millions of active installs. The most useful functionality that WordPress Security plugin includes is Live Traffic View, which shows your website statistics in real-time. Additionally, your website will be protected from hacking attempts with the Web Application Firewall with Threat Defense Feed.
All In One WP Security & Firewall
The plugin is intended to add a whole new level of security to your WordPress site. It includes a bunch of extra security and firewall features that can be added to your site. It also contains the safety rating system, which varies from 0 to 470. Installing this WordPress security plugin to your website, you will be able to understand what security component deserves more attention.
If you need a reliable WordPress security plugin for WAF protection, performance boost, and online monitoring, then the Sucuri WordPress plugin will be the ultimate choice for you. It includes both free WordPress security hardening and a premium DNS-level firewall.
Security Ninja includes both free and premium licenses. Unlike other WordPress security extensions on this list, Security Ninja connects to a database of over 620 million malicious IP addresses.
Installing this WordPress anti-hacking tool to your website, you will get a bunch of advanced features that will help you protect your site’s authorization. With its help, you can scan the malicious code, take care of backups, remove spam on your website, and take care of other details to boost your site’s security.
WordPress is the leading content management system that’s used by more than 80 million active websites. It has an impressive community of web designers and developers that craft professional themes and extensions. In addition to a bunch of advantages, there is functionality that the CMS lacks. These are security tools that are not set by default.
As an owner of your WordPress website, you will need to take care of the online security features. Pick reliable plugins that will provide your web resource with the proper hacking protection.